- Tuesday, January 08, 2019 - Thursday, March 21, 2019
Date Start Time End Time 03/22/2019 09:00 AM 04:00 PM
Presenter(s) Lauren Coleman
The Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths (CANS) Assessment is a multi-purpose tool developed for children’s services to support decision making, including service planning, to facilitate quality improvement initiatives, and to allow for the monitoring of outcomes of services (Praed Foundation). With successful completion of this training, participants should be able to rate items on the CANS measure reliably and have the foundation for utilizing this measure in their work.
Training activities will include:
• An Overview of the use the CANS Assessment in Maryland’s Child Welfare Systems
• Identifying how to utilize CANS in decision making
• Defining the key characteristics, domains, items, and rating system of the CANS
• Rating a sample CANS vignette
- Free of Charge
- No breakfast and lunch will be provided at this event.
Location(s) University of Maryland School of Social Work (4E14)
525 W. Redwood Street Baltimore , Maryland 21201
The training will be held in room 4E14. Please bring a photo I.D. to present to the security guard.
Inclement Weather/Training Cancellation: In the event that a training is cancelled, we will send you an email (using the same email address you used to register).
We may call or send text messages to confirm, as well. If you have any questions about the status of a training, please feel free to email us at TheInstitute@ssw.umaryland.edu.
Maryland CANS Certification Training